TRADEMARK APPLICATION FILING
- Power of Attorney (no notarization is required; a copy is acceptable at the time of filing but the original must be submitted within 01 month from the filing date);
- 15 samples of the mark with the size thereof being neither smaller than 15mm x 15mm nor larger than 80mm x 80mm. Please indicate the top of the mark if this is unclear, to ensure that the presentation is filed the right way up;
- Certified copy of the earlier application or of the exhibition certificate (if the Paris Convention Priority is claimed - required within 01 month from the filing date);
- Certified copy of the Regulations concerning the use of the mark in case of collective mark.
- Full name, address and nationality of the Applicant;
- International classification of goods and services;
- List of goods/services covered by the trademark;
- Description of the trademark: meaning, transliteration into Roman letters if necessary, colour(s) claimed;
- Priority data for claiming priority right under the Paris Convention (if any), including application number, priority date, and country.
- The time limit from the filing to granting date is 12 months, of which 01 month is for formality examination, 02 months are for publication of the application and 09 months are for substantive examination;
- Multiple class trademark application is available in Vietnam;
- The protection title of a trademark is a Trademark Registration Certificate, which is effective from the granting date;
- The validity term of a Trademark Registration Certificate is 10 years from the regular filing date and can then be renewed indefinitely for consecutive periods of 10 years.
- The validity term of trademark registration is 10 years from regular filing date, and may then be renewed indefinitely for further periods of 10 years.
- Renewal fees can be paid in the duration of six months before the due date. Late paying the said fees is accepted provided that it is not later than 6 months from the due date and the surcharge of 10% per late month is required.
- Power of Attorney (signed by the Licencor or Licensee; no notarization is required);
- 02 originals or certified copies of the License Agreement, signed by both the Licencor and Licensee, if the Agreement includes multiple pages, both the Licencor and Licensee must sign on each page thereof;
- A certified copy of the Certificate of Registration of Trademark. If the Agreement to be approved is a sub-agreement, it must be accompanied by a copy of the Certificate of Registration of the corresponding exclusive Agreement;
- Business Certificate of the Licensee.
- Power of Attorney (signed by the Assignor or Assignee; no notarization is required);
- 02 originals or certified copies of Assignment Agreement signed by both the Assignor and Assignee, if the Agreement includes multiple pages, both the Assignor and Assignee must sign on each page thereof;
- Original Certificate of Trademark Registration.
- Power of Attorney (signed only; no notarization is required);
- Notarized Declaration on Change of Name and/or Address by the Owner, or certified copy of Official Record on change of Name and/or Address; and
- Original Certificate of Trademark Registration
It would take about 4 months from the filing date to complete the procedure.