INDUSTRIAL DESIGN REGISTRATION
- Power of Attorney (Signed by the Applicant, no notarization and/or legalization are required. A copy is acceptable at filing date but the original must be submitted within 01 month from the filing date.);
- 05 sets of pictures/drawings illustrating the design, which must be represented in the international size A4 (210mm x 297mm) and made in the same scale, showing all the different sides of the design (comprising front, back, top, bottom, left, right and perspective views);
- Brief description of the design showing the distinctive features of the design to be protected over the prior art;
- A certified copy of the priority application and the English translation thereof (in case of claiming priority right) which can be submitted within 03 months from the filing date.
- Name, address and nationality of the Designer;
- Name, address and nationality of the Applicant;
- Title of the design stating the article for which registration is sought;
- Locarno classification of the design;
- Priority data for claiming priority right under the Paris Convention (if any), including application number, priority date, and country.
- The validity term of a Design Patent is 05 years from the regular filing date. The Design Patent is effective from the granting date and renewable for two additional consecutive periods of 05 years each (max. 15 years);
- Different variants of a design can be filed in a single application or separate applications. In the latter case, a statement that the design is one variant of the previously filed design is required. All variants of a design are granted only one Design Patent;
- Duration from the filing to granting date is 10 months, of which 01 month is for formality examination, 02 months is for publication and 07 months is for substantive examination.
- Power of Attorney (signed by the Owner, no notarization is required);
- Original Patent for Industrial Design (optional).
- Patent Data including Patent Number, Patent Owner (full name and address), regular filing date, granting date;
- The number of variants of the Patent.
- The validity term of the industrial design registration is 5 years from the regular filing date, any may then be renewed for further two consecutive 5-year periods.
- Renewal fees can be paid in the duration of six months before the due date. Late paying the said fees is accepted provided that it is not later than 6 months from the due date and the surcharge of 10% per late month is required.
RECORDAL OF ASSIGNMENT
- Power of Attorney (signed by the Assignor or Assignee; no notarization is required);
- 02 originals or certified copies of Assignment Agreement signed by both the Assignor and Assignee, if the Agreement includes multiple pages, both the Assignor and Assignee must sign on each page thereof;
- Original Patent of Industrial Design.
RECORDAL OF CHANGE OF NAME/ADDRESS
- Power of Attorney (signed only; no notarization is required);
- Notarized Declaration on Change of Name and/or Address by the Owner, or certified copy of Official Record on change of Name and/or Address; and
- Original Patent for Industrial Design.
It would take about 4 months from the filing date to complete the procedure.
- Power of Attorney (signed by the Licencor or Licensee; no notarization is required);
- 02 originals or certified copies of the License Agreement, signed by both the Licencor and Licensee, if the Agreement includes multiple pages, both the Licencor and Licensee must sign on each page thereof;
- A certified copy of the Patent of Industrial Design. If the Agreement to be approved is a sub-agreement, it must be accompanied by a copy of the Certificate of Registration of the corresponding exclusive Agreement.